4.17.2008

off to bliss

Well hopefully anyway...Jeremy and I are going away for two nights and and two full days. I just can't express how ready I am. You know your a mom when the biggest thing you are looking forward to is SLEEP. Yes I will be A LOT of that over the next 48 hours.

The strange thing about this little mini-vacation is that we have been met with SO much opposition in the past 24 hours. Opposition that I know is very intentional. Jeremy and I NEED this time. We just need to reconnect, reorganize, revamp, rediscover. Relationships get lost in the busyness of life. Which is why the Man I cling to the tightest looked at two of His followers once and said, "Mary has chosen the better thing and that will not be taken away from her." You know the story. The Martha story. I have become one of those. A Martha. I didn't used to be. I used to be the one to chuck the to-do list to sit at His feet. But somewhere along the way I joined the ranks of "doers" and left the realm of just "being." Now it seems my life depends on what I "do" or "don't do." Honestly, that is just not me, but here I am "doing." See I think this can happen with all of our relationships. We get so busy that we fail to choose or for that matter even notice the "better thing." For instance, my kids are the happiest when I just stop what I am "doing" get on the floor and just "be" with them. I have watched this happen SO many times. I need to do this with my husband. I need to just BE with him. SO that is how I am going to go into this time away. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

christianne said...

maggie, this is so special. i'm thrilled for you and jeremy. i'm especially thrilled for you, given what you've shared here about the reality of your days of late.

i wish you peace and rest and joy and bliss . . . love you, girl.

Lauren said...

Maggie, I hope you are deep in that much-needed sleep as I write this! I am praying for a refreshing weekend away for you and Jeremy. It's funny, I was just reading the Mary/Martha story this week, and thinking how I envied Mary. Thanks for the reminder to just "BE" and choose the "better thing." I needed to hear that!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you mean about your kids needing you to just stop what you are doing and be with them. I always find when I'm stressed because I'm trying to "do" something, Mikayla gets stressed too. But when I just stop to spend time with her and stop trying to accomplish something, we both are happier! Have a great weekend.