3.31.2008

fresh start

Ahhh...there is just something about a fresh start. I have been daydreaming about this blog for some time now and here it is! I have wrestled with what I guess I have felt was expected of me and that is a "mommy blog" or a "family blog." Sorry. Not me. I am sure I will talk about my family for they are the tools that chisel me into who I am becoming, but no, this blog is not one of those.


Why "Ruined" you may ask? Let me explain. In the description of this blog is a line from the song "Friend for Life" by Watermark. "Come and ruin me with your love so no other is enough come and leave your mark on me, Jesus more of thee." I have cried these words out to God in my search for/journey towards HIM many many times. These words are now a reality for me.


Do you know what it means to be "ruined." To have no where else to go? To have tried it all and been left wanting? This is me. And this, this is my wonderful reality. Why wonderful? Because I AM ruined. Ruined by the only ONE who measures up to the gaping need deep within me, that abyss of want that haunts me. So now no other person, thing, substance, whatever...nothing will ever, nor can ever be enough. It is HIM or nothing. I pray this for you dear friend, though it is the path marked with suffering. No more anesthesizing the pain, no more denial, no more hiding, no where else to go...ruined. It is the quiet knowing that nothing else will do (even when secretly you may wish it would). Jesus. He does something to you or you haven't really met Him. Ruined. Yes, I am.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm excited to see what you have to say and interact more with you.
Heather at L'Chaim

jjobson said...

I am so excited to see you blogging again. I love getting a peek into the mind and heart of Maggie and your writing is one of the best ways to do so...that and conversations on the couch! I too know what it means to be haunted and lost by the reality of Him, ruining everything else I have relied upon and sought, leaving me with only Him...and I pray for MORE!!! I love you and will continue on with you being relentlessly pursued by our Maker all the while...THANK YOU FATHER!

christianne said...

AMEN to that, sister!

Man, you talk about being ruined and in relationship with Jesus and with others in the way I have learned is the only valuable way to experience life.

I am so thankful to have met you, Maggie. You are a dear girl and one I cannot wait to get to know more deeply! I'm all for the laughter that brings tears and the tears that just need to flow. (However, outdoorswoman, I am not!)

Love to you, sweet girl. So glad you've taken this step. Can't wait to see you SOON!

Michelle Brownell said...

Maggie, I have been so inspired by your writing (your heart!) today. I just sat down for a few moments of rest and reading your blog was the best part of my afternoon. You share with such an intensity and passionate heart and love towards God and in such an authentic way, I felt as if I had a time of worship with our Lord, together. Thank you. Thank you for giving your talent in writing to bring us into the presence of God and to reflect on who he is and allow him to search our own hearts. I can’t wait to read more! You truly have a gift of writing!

Lauren said...

Woo-hoo!! I have a season pass to Maggie-land! I love that I'm going to get to read your thoughts and experiences as you process them. This is WONDERFUL!! I loved your first entry, and your title. :)

Kristin said...

Looking forward to reading more of your insights... especially since we just don't seem to be able to share a "heart-talk" these days. Miss you.

Scott R. Davis said...

yes, we are ruined when we are face to face with Jesus. He is so perfect that as Isaah says, he is undone when he is next to God.

it takes humility to recognize that.

Anonymous said...

Maggie,
I missed our talk these past few weeks, I am so excited to share what God's been doing in my heart. I love your blog. You are such an inspiration to me. And don't role your eyes. I find in comforting to know the chaos you experience, and the peace you find at the end of the day in Him. I look forward to seeing you again!