5.05.2008

keep it simple

I feel like I have entered the whirlwind yet again. I guess the whirlwind of daily tasks, babies pulling on pant legs, the eternal laundry mound, the to-do list that never quite seems to grow smaller, etc. I guess that is just the world I live in. But in the inner place I feel this groaning, this restlessness, this tugging that there is something more. There is a place of rest from which to live. Not a place of retreat but a place from which to do life. In desperation I read a quick devotional this morning (quick mind you because the whirlwind of the urgent was screaming at me to "hurry up"). In that rushed moment of communion He spoke.

"And this is eternal life, that they know YOU the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." John 17:3

Whew...okay Lord. Just to know YOU. That's it. Your to-do list for me has but one item.
-KNOW YOU. Thank you Lord that it is that simple. Help me to keep it that way. And now let me step back into the whirlwind of demands and look for ways to know you through them and then to experience "eternal life" here and now.

2 comments:

christianne said...

i'm praying peace for you this week, maggie girl.

Anonymous said...

Hey, girl. I wanted to check in on ya and tell ya I'm still reading the blog. Sipping on coffee and words.
The elusive peace--I wonder why I let it slip through my fingers, or, more likely, why I drop it for something new and shiny.